Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Just the beginning

So we decided to start up a blog about our lives together from the very beginning. So this first post is just going to be a little background on the two of us and then it will take off from there. I met Jonny when we were 16 and we were Juniors in High School. It was my favorite year of High School, everything was perfect! We went to football games, church activities, performances everything you can think of down to Prom. It was wonderful! Then our Senior year came and as many as you know my Dad was killed in an accident. We broke up a couple weeks after that and didn't really hang out. After a couple of months we slowly became friends again and that led to a relationship, ever since then we've been together. Even though I moved to Utah with my family after I graduated we still have been extremely close to each other. Jonny left on his Mission July 5, 2006 to the Dominican Republic West mission where He was there for 2 years. We wrote back and forth and I'm not going to lie, it was very hard but totally worth it! He had a great mission and made tons of friends that will be there for him for the rest of his life. He returned home July 10, 2008 and it was a great experience. His family let me come out to Reno when He came home and when He stepped off the plane my heart literally stood still, it was the best feeling. I'll never forget that moment when He came up to me and gave me our first hug in 2 years! It was so comforting. Our relationship since then has just gotten better and better. He's amazing and He's my best friend.

5 comments:

Alex said...

JWHIT,
Tear...sniff...
That is so adorable! I couldn't even fathom a better match than the two of you! I am so happy for you. I am fully prepared for a lifetime of...insane family get togethers.

The unforgettable sister/inlaw

Unknown said...

I don't even know either of you, I'm a friend of Cindy's, but I must say I love your blog and look forward to reading about your life together. Such a great story!!!!

Unknown said...

awww that was so sweet! i cant believe you guys are getting married!!!! =] i'm really happy for you guys!


Love,
Your future-FAVORITE--sister-in-law

Jessica said...

Congratulations Whitney! I'm so happy for you!!

Alex said...

WRITE A NEW BLOG!!!!!!!!!!
PPPPLEEEEEEEAAAAAAAASSSSSSSEEEEE!!!