Monday, February 22, 2010

A little late but thats ok

Valentine's Day was so nice and quiet this year. Obviously because Valentine's Day was on a Sunday Jonny and I celebrated it on the Saturday before, but so did everyone else in the state of Utah. Jonny worked on Saturday till about 4 and we were going to go to dinner and then go to the Temple, so we were at home at about 4:30 and we had just gotten in our Sunday clothes to go to dinner and the Temple and I looked at Jonny and said "I need to spend time with you and only you, can we just go to dinner and then come back home and be with each other, no homework, no family just us?" And so thats exactly what we did, we changed into regular clothes and decided to move our couch back and set up our tent we got from our wedding. We left for dinner, which everywhere was completely packed! We decided on Olive Garden which was a 75 minute wait but thats ok we sat and talked which we haven't done in a long time and it was a wonderful dinner. We went back home and set up the tent inside and had the doors of the tent facing the Tv and we just watched a movie, and gave each other our Valentine's Day presents, we wish we had more money to spend more money on each other but we dont so Jonny gave me a ring pop and said "I wanted to buy you a big diamond ring but that will have to wait" and put the ring pop on my finger, then he said "I wanted to take you on a nice vacation but that will have to wait" and he handed me beach car fresheners. And then he said "I wanted to buy you a new car but I got you this instead" and he handed me a hot wheels sports car toy. It was really cute. He did get me a gift certificate to get a massage at my favorite place ever Mainsping Day Spa so Im super excited about that! Then I gave him my present which I just picked up at Ross but we all know what it was and thats the end of this post. Hahaha It was a very nice Valentine's Day and I loved spending it with my Valentine.

ps we actually celebrated Chinese New Year on Valentine's Day at my mom's with the neighbors it was so fun! Jonny and I made the Wontons! Way to much Chinese food!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love it! We're dorky on Valentine's Day too, but it's the best thing ever. I wouldn't have it any other way. And I look forward to it each year!

Alex said...

Jonny makes me laugh....so do you. Camping in the living room?....I like it!